Samsung Galaxy Music Duos GT-S6012B- How to Install S6012BVJUBMH1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware,S6012BVJUBMH1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Last Updated on 26-Feb-2014. Samsung Galaxy Music Duos GT-S6012B can now be updated with the latest official VJUBMH1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Samsung recently started rolling out an OTA update about the firmware. The latest firmware build version is S6012BVJUBMH1. The Galaxy Music Duos was released with Android 4.0.4 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) and receiving Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean from the middle of year 2013. Samsung is yet to release Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean or any further android version for the device. If you own the device and not yet updated this latest firmware, then update the same using our simple tutorial below. The below guide will help you to download and install the S6012BVJUBMH1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware manually through Odin.
All the above pre-requisites are very important and must follow before proceed to installation guide. Hope you get all the above points. Now, go through the below tutorial to install Android 4.1.2 S6012BVJUBMH1 official firmware on Galaxy Music Duos S6012B.
If your Galaxy Music Duos already running on the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, you can only expect few bug fixes and performance enhancement with this update. So, want to update your Galaxy Music Duos S6012B to the latest VJUBMH1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware? To install in official way, either you can go for OTA (over the air) from Settings-About Phone-Software Update or download firmware through the Samsung Kies utility. However, most of us prefer manual way to update official firmware. So, in this article you’ll find step by step manual guide to update the latest Android 4.1.2 VJUBMH1 firmware on your Galaxy Music Duos S6012B through Odin.
“The firmware is released only for the Samsung Galaxy Music Duos GT-S6012B model, so don’t try this in any other android device. Check your device model number from Settings-About Phone. Also the tutorial is based on Windows PC. Follow all the pre-requisites, procedures and steps carefully to avoid breaking your phone”.
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean S6012BVJUBMH1 Official Firmware Download List
Samsung rolled out the firmware for the following countries. The firmware which are unbranded or not locked to any carrier, no matter of which country or region, can be flashed on any Galaxy Music Duos GT-S6012B model.
Trinidad and Tobago: TTT-S6012BVJUBMH1-20140225160922.zip
[Firmware for rest of the countries and carrier will be added here when available]
- Check battery percentage, your device should have at least 60% battery power
- Turn on USB Debugging mode, go to Settings-Developer Options-USB Debugging
- Backup important data and settings to external storage- follow this guide
- Install USB driver for your device on your computer- Download Samsung USB Driver
Points to be noted:
- If you are using any Custom ROM such as- CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android, AOKP, SLIM ROMs etc, then it’ll replaced by this official Stock ROM
- Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP Recovery) will be replaced by Stock Recovery
- After flashing official firmware, your device will no longer belongs to rooted device. However you can root your device any time after flashing the firmware.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware on Galaxy Music Duos S6012B through Odin:
- Download Android 4.1.2 VJUBMH1 Firmware for Galaxy Music Duos S6012B from the above list
- Download Odin 3.09
- Switch off your phone and boot Galaxy Music Duos S6012B into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons (long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.
- Extract the downloaded Odin3.09 zip file and run the Odin3 v3.09.exe file as an administrator (Right click on the .exe file and click on Run as administrator)
- Now connect your Galaxy Music Duos S6012B to your computer via USB cable
- In Odin3 screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin3.
- Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
- Now, extract the downloaded firmware zip file, you’ll find a firmware file with extension .tar.md5
- In Odin screen, click on AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension (The firmware file look something like: S6012BXXDLJ5_S6012BODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5)
- Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, wait few moments.
- Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background
- Your phone should automatically reboot after completion
- You can now disconnect your phone from computer