Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570I- How to Install S5570IAIMJ1 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Firmware,
S5570IAIMJ1 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Firmware Last Updated on 24-Feb-2014. Download and install the latest AIMJ1 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread official firmware on Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570I Smartphone. Samsung recently started rolling out an OTA update about the firmware. The latest firmware build version is S5570IAIMJ1. The Galaxy Mini S5570I was released back in the year 2011 with Android 2.2 Froyo and receiving Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean from the middle of 2012. There is no news about any Jelly Bean update for the device. If you not yet updated your device to this latest official firmware, then you can now update the same using our simple tutorial below. The below guide will help you to download and install the S5570IAIMJ1 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Firmware manually through Odin. You can also check latest available firmware for your device through OTA (over the air) from Settings-About Phone-Software Update. If your Galaxy Mini S5570I already running on the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread, then you can only expect few bug fixes and performance enhancement with this latest firmware update. It is always recommended to update device to the latest available firmware.
So, want to update your Galaxy Mini S5570I to the latest AIMJ1 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware? For official process, either you can go for OTA update by following the above mentioned path or download and update firmware through the Samsung Kies utility. However, most of us prefer manual way to update official firmware. So, in this article you’ll find step by step manual guide to update the latest Android 2.3.6 AIMJ1 firmware on your Galaxy Mini S5570I through Odin.
“The firmware is released only for the Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570I model, so don’t try this in any other android device. Check your device model number from Settings-About Phone. Also the tutorial is based on Windows PC. Follow all the pre-requisites, procedures and steps carefully to avoid breaking your phone”.
Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread S5570IAIMJ1 Official Firmware Download List
Samsung rolled out the firmware for the following countries. The firmware which are unbranded or not locked to any carrier, no matter of which country or region, can be flashed on any Galaxy Mini GT-S5570I model.Italy (TIM): S5570IAIMJ1_S5570ITIMMJ1_TIM.zip
[Firmware for rest of the countries and carrier will be added here when available]
- Check battery percentage, your device should have at least 60% battery power
- Turn on USB Debugging mode, go to Settings-Developer Options-USB Debugging
- Backup important data and settings to external storage- follow this guide
- Install USB driver for your device on your computer- Download Samsung USB Driver
Points to be noted:
- If you are using any Custom ROM such as- CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android, AOKP, SLIM ROMs etc, then it’ll replaced by this official Stock ROM
- Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP Recovery) will be replaced by Stock Recovery
- After flashing official firmware, your device will no longer belongs to rooted device. However you can root your device any time after flashing the firmware.
How to Install Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Official Firmware on Galaxy Mini S5570I through Odin:
- Download Android 2.3.6 AIMJ1 Firmware for Galaxy Mini S5570I from the above list
- Download Odin 3.09
- Switch off your phone and boot Galaxy Mini S5570I into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons (long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.
- Extract the downloaded Odin3.09 zip file and run the Odin3 v3.09.exe file as an administrator (Right click on the .exe file and click on Run as administrator)
- Now connect your Galaxy Mini S5570I to your computer via USB cable
- In Odin3 screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin3.
- Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
- Now, extract the downloaded firmware zip file, you’ll find a firmware file with extension .tar.md5
- In Odin screen, click on AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension (The firmware file look something like: S5570IXXDLJ5_S5570IODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5)
- Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, wait few moments.
- Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background
- Your phone should automatically reboot after completion
- You can now disconnect your phone from computer