Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9168- How to Install I9168ZMUANB2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware,I9168ZMUANB2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Last Updated on 24-Feb-2014. Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9168 users can now update their device with the latest ZMUANB2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware. Samsung recently started rolling out an OTA update about the firmware. The latest firmware build version is I9168ZMUANB2. The Galaxy Grand Neo recently announced by Samsung with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and already received firmware update. Here we have the latest available official firmware for the device. If you own the device and yet to update this latest firmware, then update the same using our simple tutorial below. The below guide will help you to download and install the I9168ZMUANB2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware manually through Odin.
All the above pre-requisites are very important and must follow before proceed to installation guide. Hope you get all the above points. Now, go through the below tutorial to install Android 4.2.2 I9168ZMUANB2 official firmware on Galaxy Grand Neo I9168.
As the Galaxy Grand Neo already running on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, you can only expect few bug fixes and performance enhancement with this latest firmware update.
So, want to update your Galaxy Grand Neo I9168 to the latest ZMUANB2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware? For official process, either you can go for OTA (over the air) from Settings-About Phone-Software Update or download and update firmware through the Samsung Kies utility. However, most of us prefer manual way to update official firmware. So, in this article you’ll find step by step manual guide to update the latest Android 4.2.2 ZMUANB2 firmware on your Galaxy Grand Neo I9168 through Odin.
“The firmware is released only for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9168 model, so don’t try this in any other android device. Check your device model number from Settings-About Phone. Also the tutorial is based on Windows PC. Follow all the pre-requisites, procedures and steps carefully to avoid breaking your phone”.
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean I9168ZMUANB2 Official Firmware Download ListChina: CHM-I9168ZMUANB2-20140221103004.zip
Previous Firmware BuildChina: CHM-I9168ZMUANB1-20140211091316.zip
- Check battery percentage, your device should have at least 60% battery power
- Turn on USB Debugging mode, go to Settings-Developer Options-USB Debugging
- Backup important data and settings to external storage- follow this guide
- Install USB driver for your device on your computer- Download Samsung USB Driver
Points to be noted:
- If you are using any Custom ROM such as- CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android, AOKP, SLIM ROMs etc, then it’ll replaced by this official Stock ROM
- Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP Recovery) will be replaced by Stock Recovery
- After flashing official firmware, your device will no longer belongs to rooted device. However you can root your device any time after flashing the firmware.
How to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware on Galaxy Grand Neo I9168 through Odin:
- Download Android 4.2.2 ZMUANB2 Firmware for Galaxy Grand Neo I9168 from the above list
- Download Odin 3.09
- Switch off your phone and boot Galaxy Grand Neo I9168 into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons (long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.
- Extract the downloaded Odin3.09 zip file and run the Odin3 v3.09.exe file as an administrator (Right click on the .exe file and click on Run as administrator)
- Now connect your Galaxy Grand Neo I9168 to your computer via USB cable
- In Odin3 screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin3.
- Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
- Now, extract the downloaded firmware zip file, you’ll find a firmware file with extension .tar.md5
- In Odin screen, click on AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension (The firmware file look something like: I9168XXDLJ5_I9168ODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5)
- Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, wait few moments.
- Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background
- Your phone should automatically reboot after completion
- You can now disconnect your phone from computer
Congrats! you have completed the tutorial to update latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware on Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9168. Hope you successfully done the update process. If you followed everything as mentioned in the above tutorial, then your Galaxy Grand Neo should now running on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean build version ZMUANB2. You can confirm the firmware update from Settings-About Phone. You can contact with us using the comment form below, if you find any problem with the above tutorial and download link and also share your experience with us.